Saturday, February 13

Thoughts of Ginger and Wool


I’m such a lucky girlie!

These fabbie sweets arrived for me last week only days before the wonderful friend who’d found them arrived to spend a couple of days with us here in the Cottage.  I’m rather partial to ginger, even more so since taking chemotherapy.  Of course, there are quite a range of ways of eating the heavenly stuff and believe me I’ve tried pretty much every one!  Ice cream is way up there as a favourite with stem ginger being quite low on my list (too much sugar around the ginger) so it’s been a self penned challenge for my friend to find me other ways of eating what I like and which also happens to avoid the nausea that comes with treatment.  These hard boiled sweets are delightful.  Just enough ginger zing, with the right amount of sweetness ~ and they last quite a while too.  Unluckily for my friend, I’ve just completed this round of treatment and I doubt very much these treats will last until April when I start again!  Still, she did send me two packets . . . *lol*

BTW we had a great time together. Lots of drinking tea, knitting and talking.  The best type of visits include at least one of these I find . .



We were both knitting for another friend who gave birth a bit earlier than anticipated.  There aren’t many places to buy clothes for teeny tots 11weeks premature, so we decided to be creative e~aunties and have been busily clicking needles for baby D. This hat is adorable, and I thoroughly enjoyed making it.  It is divided up into segments and each petal can be unbuttoned so that you can feed the oxygen lines down through it. What a brilliant idea!


I’ve been returning slowly to my Goddess Workbook too. 

There were photos to stick into gaps, and lots of written additions to earlier pages.  I also decided to tackle the Goddess Habits page, which I’d been shying away from if the truth be told.  With the end of the last round of treatment I feel I might be able to structure my days a little from now on, so I started to write a few ideas down.  I was so pleased with the results I then made up another page with my habits which I’ve pinned on to my notice board.  I’m pleased to report that I’ve been able to follow most of the points each day ever since.

Isn’t it amazing what you can do with a little energy and Goddess help?

1 comment:

  1. I still have to do the extra pages Goddess Leonie added to the workbook later, but things got all crazy in the past month so I haven't even LOOKED at it in weeks. I look forward to getting back to it, to finish and reread what I have and possibly to add things.

    I think it's good that the workbook remains a work in progress, something we can come back to for review, renewal and updating. Our lives are a constant work in progress, and I like the idea of the workbook being the same, almost a living breathing thing, that evolves as we need it to over the course of the year, and future years too maybe.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Just remember, this is my blog and I'll do what I like with it. :)