Tuesday, January 5

Snow & Glitter




The UK is currently snowed in!  We don't do bad weather and are probably the brunt of many jokes by our
European neighbours right about now because of it. It still doesn't mitigate the fact that whenever we see a couple of snow flakes the whole country comes to a grinding halt.  And here we are with the second dump of snow in as many weeks.  Ahhh well, there are a few good things to come out of this.  Many schools are closed, a lot of people can't get in to work and my dog is deliriously happy with this cold white stuff!

Charley Puppy first saw snow just before Xmath, when we got snowed and then iced in.  He loved it. The two of us at home for several days, lots of walks and plenty of that slippery stuff to skid around in.  Today, with huge flakes coming down in blizzard like conditions, he was in his doggy heaven!  As you can see, the field was all his to roam in and he delighted in zooming around in all that virgin snow.

Perhaps I need to take a leaf out of Charley Puppy's book and delight in the immediate.  I have to say this has been the first time I've ever actually enjoyed being out in the cold.  Thanks to chemo my internal combustion has gone into over drive and now I am normally too hot ~ as opposed to the majority of my life when I've been far too cold.  Mix the newly found internal heating element with some rather fabbie winter clothing (as used by the Dartmoor Rescue Group) and I was warm whilst in the midst of a heavy snowfall, for the first time ever!

 

When we came back, it was time to play.  I have downloaded The Goddess Workbook and have been selectively printing off pages over the past few days.  This afternoon I decided it definitely needed some of the glitter treatment.  I had some sequins which I knew were around the house somewhere, and then as I was looking for them I found feathers.  Purple feathers!  *swoon*  Well, what else could I do but decorate my new journal cover with such glittery goodness?

All in all, it's been a rather lovely day and certainly one that I hope will continue in the weeks to come.   Now, what else can I do?


3 comments:

  1. I love your cover, it's so pretty! I am blogging my about my Goddess Year workbook, as well as the Creative Goddess e-course, over on my art blog. adesiretogetcreative.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your glitter treatment and your inspiring attitude:) Big smiles and sending you a little burst of sunshine from Sunny Southern California.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This Winter was Billy Puppy's first snow too !
    What is it, I wonder, about snow that dogs just adore ?

    My daughter had a Poodle named Charley- He looked exactly like your guy. Her Charley was an amazingly smart animal, which meant he needed a job to do everyday. Also- he had separation anxiety. Charley has a new person now- This woman can take him with her to work, so he's never alone.
    What kind of personality does your Charley have ?
    My Billy is very, very laid-back .
    Then he can be such a goof-ball.

    Blessings and Peace,
    Elizabeth Colvin
    ( from Goddess School )

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Just remember, this is my blog and I'll do what I like with it. :)