Thursday, January 7



Needless to say, the cold weather continues . . . .

It's quite lovely, with all the snow glistening in the bright sunshine and a clear sky as far as the eye can see.  I have to be aware of the dangers though ~ I've already slipped once already and have a sore thigh for my efforts.  Charley Puppy was of no help whatsoever at that point.  He merely looked at me as if to say 'what are you doing on the floor mum?'

So after taking it slow on our walk around the woods and then making a fantastic mess of all that pristine snow in the field again, we came home to the warmth of our little cottage.  I settled down with a cup of tea and after lighting my Bride candle I continued with my Goddess Workbook.




I felt a little stumped the other day when I came across the exercise in choosing your Goddess Word for the year.   Of all the words in the English language, which one would I decide upon?  Which one would be right for me? What if I got it wrong? What would happen then?
I was stumped and put the work book away to ponder my options.
Then as part of my nightly wanderings on the web, I sauntered over to Michelle's Blog and there was my answer. And no, I don't mean a specific word.  :)   Michelle had posted a wonderful entry about this very problem,  and she had also linked to Christine Kane's Blog which talked about a Word Of The Year.  Scanning down Christine's list one word really did jump out at me.  I hadn't expected that, believe me!
So, I sat with it overnight, and because it was still in the forefront of my mind this morning I decided that it was meant to be.  Doesn't the Universe work in diverse ways?

 

This then is my Sacred Word for the year.
It is a huge word. It can mean many things, and I guess that is the issue for me to explore.  Do I want freedom from . . . illness, pain, difficulty breathing, lack of energy, almost weekly hospital visits?  Do I want freedom to  . . . do something new and exciting, expand my horizons, create without fears and self doubts?  Do I want freedom of  . . . movement, expression, speech?

I think I want all of these.  Actually, I know I want all of these and more.  Already I can see how this very simple workbook is making huge impressions in my outlook.  Exactly as I need it to.  Thank you Goddess Leonie for providing me with what I needed, just when I needed it.  And thank you Goddess, for working through the luscious Leonie!

Ahh, don't you just love the Universe?

3 comments:

  1. Aww, yay! I'm really glad my blog post could help you. I put a lot of work into writing that one, and it's good to know that it was worth it. :-) And thanks for the link my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice juicy word freeeeeedom is! Thank you for sharing your journey with choosing it. Thank you also for commenting on my bog post about my BIG VISION and my need for support. When your comment came through I felt so magically supported from across the globe. Your timing was very serendipitous too. Looking forward to reading more of your exploration of freedom this year. Warm waves from Southern California!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Freedom is a great word to work with!!! I hope it inspires you all year.

    I chose *space*!

    PS Thank you so much for your kind comments on my blog.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Just remember, this is my blog and I'll do what I like with it. :)