Monday, January 18

Growth




Just because I feel I’m standing still there’s no need to think that the rest of the world is as inert as I appear to be.  A brief walk along the drive to our neighbours’ house is enough to remind me that Mother Earth is busily working away even in the midst of the cold winter. Her daffodils are shooting upwards in preparation for the annual eruption of brilliant yellows.  It is always an incredible display and one that I am looking forward to already.

The snow has gone now, although there is talk of more to come.  It almost put paid to our plans of a weekend away, but in the end we braved the cold and ice and thankfully put our faith in the train rather than trying to travel by car.  And so we made it to Oxford and the first of my Goddess Goals!     I am so proud of myself for getting there as over the past 12 months I have been admitted as an emergency into hospital 4 (or is it 5?) times.  This has meant that I’ve felt very reluctant to stray too far from the hospital just in case . . . Of course, this has hampered my wanderings around the country and limited my time with friends considerably.  This has to stop!  So, part of my Goddess Goals for this year is to Free myself from the self imposed ties to the hospital and reconnect with far flung friends.  I think I’ve made a fine start.




In the 3 days we were away, we caught up with old and new friends alike, attended a wonderful steampunk exhibition at the Museum of the History of Science and indulged in some rather fabbie food and drink. It was an interesting time as we realized how much Oxford has changed since we’d lived there (some growth, much decay) but also how much we now enjoy our life in the middle of Dartmoor.  Thinking about it afterwards, perhaps we should be looking at how much we have changed rather than that of our previous home?

And then back to the little cottage on the moor, where with great excitement I’ve begun work on the Creative Goddess course.  Already I notice the gentle reminders of grounding, cleansing, clearing and focus ~ all the things I used to do every day but gradually gave up as I needed to concentrate on this journey of discovery with cancer.  However, it’s high time I reconnected with my Goddess Self and found my fairy guides again.  We’ve been apart too long . . .  .

3 comments:

  1. I am so happy to be taking this journey with amazing women like you! I'm also doing the Creative Goddess course, so much I need to reconnect with and find within myself again. It brings tears to my eyes but I believe being strong and wise enough to be able to say "I really need this right now!" is a powerful thing and what a gift Goddess Leonie has given us! I'll be popping in often to support and encourage you, it's a wonderful thing that we are doing!
    Love and Light!
    Liza

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completed the Creative Goddess course last term and it was all the things I wished for and far beyond; I've been on such an amazing creative journey ever since, it was just what I needed. I wish for you that it is just as wonderful for you, have a wonderful journey :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see a shimmering swirl of sparkling fairies and hear their giggling chorus of, "Congratulations on freeing yourself and going on an adventure to Oxford." How delightful to see old friends and new exhibits! What a wonderful gift to yourself. I am joining you in the Creative Goddess course and am joyful to be in sacred circle together.
    sprinkling fairy dust on your growing wings of FREEEEEEEE!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Just remember, this is my blog and I'll do what I like with it. :)